House of Halos first ever dedicated sustainable philanthropic luxury jewellery house.
Creating bespoke beautiful sustainable jewellery from Ocean Plastics whilst committing to keep our oceans clean.
House of Halos conducts regular beach clean up collections of North East Scotland coastlines disposing of vast amounts of washed ashore ocean plastic pollution. Everything from fishermen ghost netting, cigarette lighters, straws, plastic bottles, ear-plugs, burst balloons, plastic cutlery, shoes but within the washed ashore ocean plastic pollution we source our “secret jewels”…… plastic bottle tops. All by hand process, we then commence a vigorous cleaning and re-melting process making every single recycled ocean plastic bead truly one of a kind. Wear House of Halos jewellery with pride knowing you are part of a sustainable movement working towards solutions and not pollution. Together we can make a difference, each time you visit your local beach pledge to yourself to pick up and place in a bin just 3 pieces of ocean plastic pollution.
House of Halos sourced the finest 925 sterling silver jewellery findings to compliment our recycled ocean plastic pollution beads. We passionately believe jewellery should be designed and created to last. Our sustainable philanthropy jewellery vision and passion are solely in relation to the “preservation of the planet for future generations to inherit” so we very proudly design and create jewellery collections which are simple yet striking but with prolific purpose and story behind each collection.
Arlene Barclay (Founder/Designer – House of Halos)
- Arlene’s career and expertise spans a 29 year accolade period
- USA Entertainment Host Carly J Steel wore custom designed Crown featured on Met Gala Blue Carpet 2017.
- Singer/Songwriter Elle King performed 2016 BAFTAS Red Carpet Opening Ceremony in custom designed Jewellery.
- Custom designed Headpiece and jewellery featured on BAFTA Red Carpet 2015 & 2016.
- Awarded as ACP’s “Independent Headdress Designer of the Year” 2016. Designs exhibited for 2 years period within an ACP Art Gallery, England.
- 1 of 34 Milliners globally shortlisted to exhibit at “London Hat Week” 2015.
- Headdress collection featured at a 2015 Pre Oscar A List Fashion Show, Hollywood, LA.
- Shortlisted by thousands of entrants in a UK competition curated by “Ideas Britain”. Pitched to London judging panel, (including Creative Director “Dave Stewart” formerly of Eurythmics), coming overall 3rd.
- Nominated by the prestigious Scottish Fashion Awards “Accessories Designer of the Year” 2013.
- Children’s fantasy novel “Land of Dragor” wrote “House of Halos into the book series.
- Designs published in numerous International magazines and music videos, (including Vogue.com and Look Magazines).
- Headpiece sourced by make up brand “Kryolan” for their Annual Dubai Conference 2014.
- Jewellery sourced by make up brand “Kryolan” for their world project tour.
- Headpiece sourced by make up brand “Naked Cosmetics” for their Global Convention 2014.
- Designs features on UK National TV programmes including; X Factor, Made in Chelsea, TOWIE and Hollyoaks.
- Designs worn by celebrities;
- Emeli Sande, (Singer/Songwriter)
- Carly J Steel (USA Entertainment Tonight Host)
- Perrie Edwards, (Little Mix)
- Elle King, (Singer/Songwriter)
- Dawn Robinson, (En Vogue)
- Anna Passey, (Hollyoaks Actress)
- Fern McCann (TOWIE)
- Lydia Bright (TOWIE)
- Array of other celebrities
- Headdresses stocked at prestigious A-List celebrity fashion studio; “For The Stars Fashion House”, Hollywood.
- Approached to collaborate with headpieces for London and Milan Fashion Weeks.
- Headlined with Designer Kevin Freeman for “Children’s International” fashion runway charity event.
- 13 years annually exhibited at North East of Scotland Bridal Shows and Catwalks. Bridal designs published in all major Scottish Bridal editorials.
Click Here to see a sample of some of Arlene’s amazing headpieces.